The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
- Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders or vouchers
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (Radius, Open Accounts)
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports primarily using Excel
- Reconciles records with management, internal company employees, external vendors and customers
- Resolve discrepancies
- Investigates questionable data
- Assembles financial data for audits
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns and miscellaneous charges
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Accounting is preferred, but may substitute 3+ years of work experience
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic Excel skills required but advanced skills such as using Data Filter, Sort, Group/Ungroup, Subtotal and Pivot charts preferred
- Organizational skills are a must
- Excellent command of the English language... must be able to write emails without spelling/grammar errors and be able to communicate effectively by phone.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is required