Operator, Weber – Piney Flats, Tennessee
We are seeking a detailed oriented, safety minded and highly motivated individual to fill the role of Operator, Weber in the Piney Flats location. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to; following procedures to safely meet customer expectations, complete required paperwork accurately, monitoring results and ensuring the quality of material and final products before leaving the work area.
- Make ready and operate multi-unit web-fed rotary press to print bags according to written specifications.
- Inspect material during production and readjust controls to correct faulty cuts or folds.
- Replace cutting blades
- Clean, inspect and lubricate moving parts of press.
- May supervise and instruct apprentices.
- May unload supply rolls of paper on machine at beginning and during run.
- Make machine adjustments as necessary to maintain quality and production.
- Change out formers.
- Set up laminator when needed.
- Set up Anti-Skid machine.
- Put on thumb notch cutter.
- Set drum fingers to bag.
- Set bottom size.
- Set air pressure and position of draw rollers.
- Set electric eye to proper cut off of print position.
- Set PIV to tube length.
- Fill glue pots and install spot pasters and position seam unit.
- Turn on and fill hot melt unit with proper adhesive.
- Set seam, spot paste and hot melt to bag.
- Adjust delivery belt.
- Set electronic eye to printed stock.
- Check production order for packaging instructions, bundles, boxes, etc.
- Complete daily production reports.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe working area.
- Enter production data into Radius operating system.
- Support SQF Certification.
- Ensure a safe work area.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, grasp with hands and lift 50 lbs repetitively.
- Understands and can apply Lockout / tagout
- May be assigned other duties as needed by management.
These skills must be specified on the candidate's resume in order to be considered for this position:
- Possess a positive can do attitude, demonstrating a proactive instead of reactive approach
- Possess a willingness to learn and seek personal growth
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to stoop, bend and twist repetitively.
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet 8/12 hours per day.