Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and effectively lead the Graphics and Plate Departments to achieve the goals and objectives set forth by the company.
- Supervise and participate in the design and all revisions of graphics (logos, illustrations, proofs, templates, and files, i.e) using flexo printing processes.
- Consistent reproduction of graphics (logos, illustrations, proofs, templates, and files, i.e).
- Delegate job responsibilities among graphic’s team members.
- Oversee the graphic’s team members to ensure quality work completed within the deadlines set and hold members accountable accordingly.
- Point of contact for key communications.
- Train and mentor entry level and other team members.
- Aware of the latest techniques and procedures within the design field.
- Recommend new ways of improving the quality of designs and other projects assigned to the Graphics and Plate Departments in order to ensure repeated outstanding performance.
- Cutting edge creativity and marketing knowledge to present viable alternatives to customers, when appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues across different departments while demonstrating respect to those colleagues.
- Potentially bring new business to the company.
- Assist in selling the company’s current portfolio of accomplishments and capabilities to prospective customers.
- Purchase material for the Graphics and Plate Departments.
- Maintain graphic digital assets including press characterization specification of each product line and/or substrate.
- Required to participates in pre-pro meetings with customers and coordinate all pre-production meetings with internal staff members.
- Must be able to quote all graphic jobs and generate the output all the graphics orders / specifications.
- Report material usage for the Graphics and Plate Departments.
- Maintain compliance with all SQF and company policies / procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts preferred.
- Five (5) + years of graphic design experience.
- Five (5) + years of hands-on flexo printing operations.
- Excellent creative and innovative skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with employees, external customers, and suppliers.
- Client interfacing ability with confidence.
- Knowledge of interactive design including best practices in technology, ease of use, and user experience.
- Proficient in necessary software such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products, Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Kodak Prinergy Power Pack.
- Possess a successful delegation authority.
- Ability to use beneficial analytical and artistic skills to resolve complex issues.
- Experience in handling coinciding projects and prioritization of those skills.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and / or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.